TYPES OF DURABLE MEDICAL EQUIPMENT (DME)
DME categories include:
- Mobility – walkers, canes, crutches, knee walkers, rollators and mobility accessories.
- Bath Safety – bath benches, bath accessories, transfer benches, elevated toilet seats, grab bars, safe-t-poles and commodes.
- Wheelchairs – narrow, basic, extra-wide, anti-microbial, bariatric, pediatric, recliner, hybrid, translator, transport, cushions and accessories.
- Hospital Beds – MedLite, basic, simplicity, bariatric, bed accessories, mattresses, side rails, trapeze bars and overbed tables.
- Patient Handling – bath lift, stand assists, floor lifts, slings, sololifts and solovests, gait pacers, patient safety devices, transfer board, transfer sheets and stretchers.
- Patient Safety Alarms – pressure-sensing safety, pull cords, wireless, voice recordable and specialty alarms.
- Therapy – Resistive exercise, Tens units, pain relief, exercise balls and mats, exercisers, instant packs, ice bags, activities of daily living products and tools.